Flybuy/Radius Networks is seeking a mid-to-senior level Go developer with strong system programming skills. Must be highly productive and able to get work done both independently and in collaboration with other engineers. Must be adaptable to changing priorities and requirements as is typical of a startup environment.
At Radius Networks we use Go to calculate location, proximity, and presence. This is often done with distributed systems, using custom built hardware and installed on prem. These applications are responsible for performing necessary calculations, gathering telemetry, communicating with our backend, and integrating with partner platforms.
Everyday is a new challenge at Radius Networks. We have the rare opportunity to work on a tech stack that can range from firmware, embedded systems, hardware design, industrial design, web development and data science. We pride ourselves on this eclectic skill set with a smart and friendly team. Nobody knows how to do everything, but everybody is willing to jump in and learn. We are up front if we don’t know how to do something, but willing to dig in and figure it out. If there is a problem we speak up, and work together to get it solved. If this sounds like you, please reach out.
This position is full time and located at our Georgetown office or remote.
- 3+ years professional software development experience
- Experience with the Go language (and a strong knowledge of Go idioms and libraries)
- Good understanding of software development best practices
- Experience with systems or web development
- Solid understanding of Unix-like environments
We don’t expect you to know all of these things, but relevant experience is a great bonus.
- Embedded Development
- Cloud platforms such as to Heroku, AWS or GCP
- Ruby on Rails
- Cross platform development and targeting different architectures
- Interest in IoT technologies
- 3D printers, laser cutters, CNC, and other maker tools
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or applicable experience
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub
- Previous work on open source projects
Radius Networks’ Commitment to its Workplace
Radius Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We value and exercise diversity. We strive for equal treatment of all people, and to always practice fairness based on qualifications, talent, competence, and merit. We do not treat people unfairly based on age, race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, disability status, or religion. We keep an open mind and all applicants receive consideration. We will consider employment of qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local laws. If you think you qualify and are a good fit for the role, we encourage you to apply! We look forward to hearing from you.