Radius Networks is seeking mid or senior level Full Stack Ruby on Rails Developers with strong programming skills. Must be productive and able to get work done both independently and in collaboration with other engineers. Must be adaptable to changing priorities and requirements as is typical of a startup environment.
Everyday is a new challenge at Radius Networks. We have the rare opportunity to work on a tech stack that can range from firmware, embedded systems, hardware design, industrial design, web development and data science. We pride ourselves on this eclectic skill set with a smart and friendly team. Nobody knows how to do everything, but everybody is willing to jump in and learn. We are up front if we don’t know how to do something, but willing to dig in and figure it out. If there is a problem we speak up, and work together to get it solved. If this sounds like you, please reach out.
This position is full time and located at our Georgetown office or remote USA.
- 5+ years paid work experience
- 2+ Years Ruby experience
- Good understanding of software development best practices
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Good understanding of web technologies
- Working understanding of Unix-like environments
We don’t expect you to know all of these things, but relevant experience is a great bonus.
- Embedded Development
- Deployment to Heroku, AWS or GCP
- Vue.js or other front end technologies
- Mobile Development
- Interest in IoT technologies
- 3D printer technology and other maker tools
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Similar
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub
- Previous work on open source projects
Radius Networks’ Commitment to its Workplace
Radius Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We value and exercise diversity. We strive for equal treatment of all people, and to always practice fairness based on qualifications, talent, competence, and merit. We do not treat people unfairly based on age, race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, disability status, or religion. We keep an open mind and all applicants receive consideration. We will consider employment of qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local laws. If you think you qualify and are a good fit for the role, we encourage you to apply! We look forward to hearing from you.