Flybuy/Radius Networks is seeking a mid-to-senior level DBA to be part of our engineering team. Must be highly productive and able to get work done both independently and in collaboration with other engineers. Must be adaptable to changing priorities and requirements as is typical of a startup environment.
At Radius Networks, a Database Engineer would be key in our effort to scale the system as well as implement the data analysis pipelines, and work together with multiple parts of the organization to define the technical architecture for the analytical solution that we are to deploy for the client.
Everyday is a new challenge at Radius Networks. We have the rare opportunity to work on a tech stack that can range from firmware, embedded systems, hardware design, industrial design, web development and data science. We pride ourselves on this eclectic skill set with a smart and friendly team. Nobody knows how to do everything, but everybody is willing to jump in and learn. We are up front if we don’t know how to do something, but willing to dig in and figure it out. If there is a problem we speak up, and work together to get it solved. If this sounds like you, please reach out.
This position is full time and located at our Georgetown office or remote.
- 3+ years professional software development experience
- Good understanding of software development best practices
- Substantial experience with SQL and relational databases, including optimization and scaling strategy
- Design and construct ETL Workflows
- Scaling from a single to multi database solution
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Data modeling and design experience
- Solid understanding of Unix-like environments
We don’t expect you to know all of these things, but relevant experience is a great bonus.
- Data engineering experience, including pipeline design and architectural design
- Experience with other database systems like Redis or DynamoDB
- Full text search
- Data warehousing
- Familiarity with Active Record or Ruby on Rails applications
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or applicable experience
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub
- Previous work on open source projects
Radius Networks’ Commitment to its Workplace
Radius Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We value and exercise diversity. We strive for equal treatment of all people, and to always practice fairness based on qualifications, talent, competence, and merit. We do not treat people unfairly based on age, race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, disability status, or religion. We keep an open mind and all applicants receive consideration. We will consider employment of qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local laws. If you think you qualify and are a good fit for the role, we encourage you to apply! We look forward to hearing from you.